While on a field trip with our local pastel group,
I took some photo references. I was hoping
to get at least one I would love...and I did!
It turned out that I had a couple of opportunities to
put this picture to use. I don't know...I guess it's
that one big flower that got me.
First, I did an alcohol marker drawing.
I drew the Coreopsis with a fine tipped marker.
I then began the process of coloring it
with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers,
using my favorite shading and texturing techniques.
Here is the final piece.
I needed to finish a piece for the upcoming pastel show, "Wings and Wildflowers".
Using the same reference, I did a 13 x 23 inch piece on pastel paper.
I began with the basic background and lights,
using some of my harder soft pastels...
then, when I added some darks, the lights began to pop.
My finished piece.
Thanks for looking...now go create something that makes YOU happy:
A pot of soup...
and Enjoy the process.