Monday, December 17, 2018

Watercolor Pencils are not just for water anymore!


Watch the Tutorial Here

Hi! Welcome to my studio!

Today I am using a beautiful stamp set just released this month at Sparkle N Sprinkle:


I really love the vintage "feel" of this image. Violets are an old fashioned flower.

To create this card, I used two sets of Nuvo Watercolor Pencils:

and

Instead of water, I blended with 91% rubbing alcohol, using an aquaflow brush filled with it. I wrapped a piece of washi tape around the brush, to differentiate it from my waterfilled brushes. 

First, I heat embossed the image on kraft cardstock, using white embossing powder.
I colored the images with colors from the hair and skin tone set, as they are more muted, and give that vintage look. I used Pinot Noir, Strawberry Milkshake, and Ivory Rose for the Violets. The only color I used from the Brilliantly Vibrant set was green, in two hues: Lemon Grass and Imperial Jade. I also added some Caramel Popcorn to the leaves to tone them down, and the brilliant colors were a bit too bold.

 



I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Claire Ink in Pinecone. It stamps so clear and clean. I just love it!

The bottom of the "note" is torn and brushed with Nuvo Mousse in Indian Gold.
I also used it at the top.

I layered the  note on the background, and added a twine bow. The finishing touch is Nuvo Vintage Drops in Chocolate Chip and Pioneer Green.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Please check out our online store, and create your own lovely palette of colors, using Vintage Drops and Nuvo Watercolor Pencils, along with your choice of our lovely stamp line.

Happy Holidays,














No comments:

Post a Comment