Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blue Flowers Finished

OK, so it took me a week to finish this. I was also working, and doing 29 Faces, so when it rained today, and I couldn't be outside, I spent the morning finishing.
 
I decided to put in the garden background. I used my Spectrum Noir Markers and Pencils. However, the colors were too brilliant, so I whitewashed the background with some Picket Fence Distress Paint. I then sprayed the whole thing with water, using my finger to blend the white paint over the colors in the background. If you look at the bottom right corner, you can see some swipe marks left by the Distress Paint.
 
I am happy with the result.
 
Now...what next? Tomorrow I am attending a class with some artist friends. Stay tuned for some samples of what we do.
 
Thanks for stopping!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment